Fictions
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
 
To Walk Upon the Ruins of Time
Is that my old home upon the ancient hill of long ago? The living room feels as dead now, my old bedroom so cold. The kitchen is bare with webs and dead spiders. Must I go further?
The sun is shining red upon my dry backyard. The decayed arden look so lonlely dispite the feeble fence that accompanies it. The animals have died off. My dog, Lady, is gone. My farm has withered. Can we stop now? The water hose is full of sand and pebbles. My tree-house is fallen, half-burried in the ground. No wind. No rain. No clouds. Only the sun. The red sky was not always so. The blue skys, green grass, tall trees, happy animals, lovely home, cool water, fresh garden, lively world, but that's all gone now. Who started the war? Did anyone win? If so, what did they win? I must have lost. I have lost everything. Will I get to fight in the war? If I win, will everything be alright again? Where is everyone? Is there anyone left to fight? I'm as dead as the things around me. Take me back to rest, and maybe when I wake up I can see something pretty and alive ...



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger